Modern Slavery Statement
Univers Modern Slavery Statement
References to "Univers Persons" shall mean all members of Univers, such as employees (full and part-time), contract workers, consultants, officers and directors of Univers. In this Statement, slavery and human trafficking are referred to as modern slavery.
Modern slavery is a heinous crime and a morally reprehensible act that deprives a person's liberty and dignity for another person's gain. Every organisation is at risk of being involved in this crime through its own operations and its supply chain. At Univers, we have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and are fully committed to preventing such abuses in our operations and supply chain. We will not knowingly deal with any business involved in modern slavery and have taken concrete steps to tackle modern slavery, as outlined in this Statement. This Statement sets out the actions that we have taken to understand all potential modern slavery risks related to our business, and to implement steps to prevent modern during the financial year 2022.
Our business and supply chains
A global AloT software leader in Net Zero, Univers is committed to becoming the world's leading net zero technology partner for enterprises, governments, and cities to accelerate progress and improve their citizens' quality of life.
EnOS™, Univers’ proprietary AloT operating system, connects and manages more than 200 million smart devices and 560 gigawatts of renewable energy assets globally across its EnOS™ Renewables, EnOS™ City and EnOS™ Ark solutions. The company has over 1000 employees and 19 offices across Singapore (where we are headquartered), the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Germany, Norway, the United States, Japan, Malaysia, China and India.
We establish a relationship of trust and integrity with all our suppliers, which is built upon mutually beneficial factors. Our supplier selection and on-boarding procedure includes due diligence of the supplier's reputation, respect for the law, compliance with health, safety and environmental standards and commitment to the principles of the United Nations Global Compact. We did not identify or were notified of any modern slavery practices in our operations or within our supply chains during the financial year 2022. If we become aware of any modern slavery practices involving any of our suppliers, we will take the relevant steps including terminating our contracts with such suppliers.
In the past year, we conducted a risk assessment of our supply chain by taking into account:
• The risk profile of individual countries based on the Global Slavery Index;
• The business and/or services rendered by our suppliers;
• The presence of vulnerable demographic groups; and
• A news analysis and the insights of labour and human rights groups.
This assessment determines our response and the risk controls that we implement.
Univers has adopted a number of policies to assess and address risks of modern slavery. These include:
• "Speak Up" Culture - we encourage a "speak up" culture among all Univers Persons, customers and suppliers to report any unethical or illegal business conduct and any violations of our Code of Conduct ("our Code") or company policies. Our commitment to creating this culture is enshrined in our Code and SpeakUp Policy. We provide an independently managed whistleblowing platform available 24/7/365 in over 68 different languages so that concerns (including instances of modern slavery) can be reported anonymously without fear of retaliation.
• Code of Conduct - our Code commits all Univers Persons to the highest standards of integrity, sets out our commitment to respecting the human rights and dignity of every person we deal with in the course of our business, and supporting international efforts to promote and protect human rights, including an absolute opposition to modern slavery. Doing the right thing under our Code expressly includes working to engage third parties who are committed to fair employment practices and humane workplace standards; to being alert for evidence of human rights abuses such as forced labour or human trafficking in our operations or in the operations of our supply chain and to report such abuses.
Supplier due diligence
Univers conducts appropriate due diligence on new suppliers during on-boarding and on existing suppliers at regular intervals including their commitment to human rights and fair employment practices.
Univers has raised awareness of modern slavery issues by communicating our Code and related policies to all Univers Persons and making our Code and policies readily available.
In addition to the awareness programme, Univers provides e-learning courses to Univers Persons on our Code.
Measuring how we are performing
Univers has defined a set of key performance indicators and controls to combat modern slavery and human trafficking in our organisation and supply chain.
We are committed to incrementally improving our processes and procedures for procuring goods and services, to assess modern slavery risks and to eliminate them wherever possible (including through the use of appropriate contractual terms).
In accordance with the U.K. Modern Slavery Act 2015 and guidance thereunder, this Statement covers the period 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2022 and has been signed by the undersigned directors for and on behalf of Univers U.K. Ltd.
Authorized by :
Timothy Sutherland Naylor
Univers U.K. Ltd
Univers U.K. Ltd
Last modified: 14 Sep 2023